Friday, February 09, 2007

Had an impromptu night out with Smitten last night. He emailed to invite me to join his happy hour crowd. Confidence rebuilt and with a new perspective, I strode into the bar and had the most lovely time. Yes, even at the beginning, before I had been drinking. I was my best, most confident, cocky-funny, teasing self. I could only stay for an hour, as I had to meet with some theatre folks later, but when I invited him to join (fully expecting him to decline) he accepted. He got along swimmingly with my friends, I seemed to get on with his. We even had a little heart-to-heart later in the evening--I was starting to think this guy had no feelings, so that was a good thing. And then he slept over. He is, by far, the most awesome cuddler. He wraps his big arms around me and holds me tight all night. Yum.

When I'm confident with him, he's all over me. When I'm not, then.... not so much. Interesting how that works, isn't it?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's very interesting how that works. I've discovered the same thing recently myself.

February 09, 2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

My husband told me that one of the reasons he was initially attracted to me was because of my confidence level. I wasn't confident like 'yeah I'm the bomb, I know it, and everyone else knows it', but more like 'yes, I am secure with myself, with my life, and if you don't like me, then piss off' kind of way.

He has always said to me that men love that true, inner confidence, and that it makes a world of difference, in a good way, of how someone views you.

February 11, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Yeah, confidence is sexy.

February 11, 2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

You go girl!

Dayngr
Proud Member of eMail Our Military

February 12, 2007 2:42 AM  
Blogger Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Yeah!!! I am glad that you had such a great time ;) I think it is true...we are all a lot more attractive when we are confident !!!

February 12, 2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Roxy Chanel McPink said...

That's a great observation. I may have to borrow that myself!

February 15, 2007 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home