Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's Over

Yesterday morning IBF and I decided to call it quits. I'm kinda bummed about it, since I really have no idea what happened with us, but I suppose it seems for the best. He really didn't seem into the relationship anymore anyway--and I don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me.

It's so strange though. The first month of our relationship was so wonderful. He seemed so great--he wanted me to stay over all the time, wanted me to meet his family (which I did) and was talking about us having kids, getting married, moving in, growing old together. All a little fast for me, but I went along with it. This blissful period was followed by two awkward weeks, then two bad ones, where he seemed resentful of everything I did--and seemed really upset that he had found himself in such a serious thing. But that was totally his doing, not mine. These past two weeks have been okay--after our big blowout two weekends ago, we both were going to try and mend things--but despite my repeated attempts to try, he didn't seem into it, and couldn't get back to where he was that first month. It seemed pointless to prolong the inevitable, I guess.

Our breakup was actually quite amicable, as far as they go. Despite the fact that I couldn't stop crying, we ordered food, and he agreed to redesign my website, as he had promised earlier, and we spent a few hours doing that. Then I rushed off into Pookalu's care, for dinner, drinks, and a birthday party. I totally owe her--most of my other friends are out of town this weekend, so I didn't have anyone else to turn to. Serendipitously enough, however, I ran into an ex-lover, who was happy to care for me the rest of the night. He was very sweet--though I never mentioned anything about the breakup, he could tell that something was wrong and was very consoling, without saying a word.

I'm doing much better. I've stopped crying, which is good, and have a huge party to go to at the theatre tonight, which I'm sure will lift my spirits.

Polly's on the market, yet again.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is weariness. But there is hope.

July 02, 2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger pookalu said...

it was my pleasure, polly. i had a blast with you that night, and every night we hang out!

and i relied on you as much as you relied on me!

July 02, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Guys are such a pain in the ass sometimes. They call us difficult to understand but they are forever pulling crap like this. My ex broke up with me 2 weeks after telling me he loved me (for the first time). See? I don't get it either.

July 02, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Bless your heart. I totally seem to get messed up with guys like IBF, too. They are all "you're sooo wonderful -- meet my family -- I love you -- blah blah blah", and then they freak out and feel the need to dump me because they feel like they jumped in too quickly.

Boys are retards. Forget him.

Have fuuuun at the par-tay! :)

July 02, 2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Jamy said...

I'm sorry, sweetie. I'm glad you are handling it well. It's frustrating when they change their tune the way he did.

Rest assured, you didn't make this happen. It's all about his confused self.

July 02, 2006 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain. I'm so sorry to hear that things ended between the two of you. Keep your chin up and I'm sure that you'll find someone even better.

July 02, 2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Sorry to hear about the break-up! You'll get back on the horse in no time.

July 02, 2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

tyler: You'll get back on the horse in no time

Wait...what?

July 03, 2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Yeah, the "there is no confusion, I am falling in love with you" text message, on our second date, comes to mind.

Dude, if you're not there, don't go there. WTF?

Thanks guys.

July 03, 2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger Dolly said...

Sweetie, I was so sad when I found out and I am so sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I hope you got my messages.

July 03, 2006 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home