Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shoe Diet

Pretty Polly has a thing for Pretty Shoes. Mostly high heels (her legs look longer and more shapely) but cute flats, kitten heels, you name it. The problem with pretty shoes is that, well, they tend to hurt. But Polly could care less. They're pretty, right?

With the warmer weather, I've pulled out and bought a bunch of new summer shoes. And, since Insta-BF and I are the same height, I've even invested in a few pairs of cute flats that, unfortunately, needed more breaking in than anticipated. So, I've been limping around, bandaids covering my feet.

So, Insta-BF, fed up with seeing my feet cut and occasionally bleeding, has put me on a shoe diet. He says I'm only to wear sneakers or my chinatown sandles for 1 week! Though part of me is loathe to wear ugly shoes, I do concede that he has a point. My feet do need time to heal (heel?).

Further proof, I think, that this fellow is a keeper.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What'dja get? pictures! =) Shoe Whore.

May 31, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Good for him for putting you on a diet...and wow..damn good for him if you're actually listening to him:)

May 31, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger pookalu said...

what is it with our obsession with shoes? that we're willing to limp through the summer breaking in our feet...i mean, breaking in our summer sandals?

and i do love your shoes...ugly shoes aside, you're still a knockout!

June 01, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Diet-Schmiet! May I suggest a trip to the pedi-asile in Duane Reade...thick bandaids and Dr. Sholl's inserts will certainly do the trick...

Unless of course you're sporting an open wound (the only way I will give up a good pair of heels)...then you might want to lay off for a bit ;-)

June 01, 2006 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i say treat your feet to a pedi!

June 01, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

I have such shoe problems but I LOVE them. I think I'm meant for the beach, I live in flip flops.

June 01, 2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

I once dated a girl that would wear shoes to match her outfit even if they were going to hurt her feet. I never could understand that logic.

June 01, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Glad to hear that things are working out with you and boy! :)

June 05, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger K said...

He sounds adorable, but the man just doesn't understand! You've got to break in new shoes as you break in a new relationship...all that infatuation leaves you giddy enough to float despite the blisters...

June 05, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Meh: "Is loath to" or "loathes," not "is loathe to."

On the central point, I absolutely fail to understand why women wear the shoes they wear. I have been informed it's for women, not for us men, but it still makes no sense to me. I don't care how sexy something would make me look; if it makes me bleed (more than I can fix with aftershave), I'm not doing it.

And Chuck Taylor's should get you through; Converse is teh r0xx0rz.

June 15, 2006 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home