Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The End of Tall Ted

So given what's been happening with Insta-boyfriend (and I have more to share, don't worry!), I had to do something about Tall Ted. Last weekend, he sent me the following email:

Hi Polly,

I'm officially a Brooklynite now! Ok, well, maybe it's less than 24 hrs that I've been here, but I did find a crazy little barber shop, a hip diner where there was talk of an upcoming poetry slam and the local laundromat. The movers weren't too bad, but it did become a slightly expensive day. My room is all arranged, though there's still some unpacking to do. Not too fun.


I was gonna ask you two more questions: would you like to get together this week for lunch/dinner? The second question is do you know any cool restaurants in Brooklyn?


Talk to you soon,


Ted


So, I sent this email (thanks for all your comments, btw!!):

Hi Ted,

I'm pretty busy this week, but unfortunately I've begun seeing someone that
I seem to really connect with--and I have to pursue it. Which really sucks, because I'm totally attracted to you and think you're an amazing catch. Anyway, I didn't want to let things go any further like this--it's always the sooner the better with these things, and you're too great a guy for me to pull the fade.

If you're interested in being friends, I'd love to take
you out to lunch (or go dancing!), but if not, I totally understand.

I did get some good Slope restaurant ideas though: (list of restaurants here)

Take care,

Polly

He responded right away, with this:

Hi Polly,

I'm quite happy for you that you found someone that you really like. Don't get me wrong, I am a bit disappointed that I won't have another chance to take you out on a date. However, I am really glad that I got to meet and go out with you. As you asked me, where was I three months ago?

Of course I wanna be friends with you! I do enjoy hanging out with you and the fun we have. That would be terrific - lunch or dancing sometime.

I appreciate the suggestions, I'll definitely have check them out in the very near future.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

What a cool guy. And a great response. Seems like someone I would want to be friends with. Now I just have to find the time to squeeze him in...

9 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Aww. How totally cute of him. Any single friends you could set him up with?

May 03, 2006 7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he sounds totally cool. You don't find that type of guy too often. More often than not their ego gets in the way and you get some bullshit answer chock full of bravado-- or no response at all.

May 03, 2006 8:39 AM  
Blogger pookalu said...

woo hoo!

it really is too bad that you met two great guys at the same time, but it really doesn't matter in the long run, because it's all about how YOU feel, especially since you have such a great connection with IBF!

just goes to show you that it's not just right time right place, great people, it's that thunderbolt that counts.

May 03, 2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger AWE said...

Glad things worked out with Ted.

May 03, 2006 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well handled, Polly!

May 03, 2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Wow, what a cool dude. Glad you two will (hopefully) be friends.

May 03, 2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger ercwttmn said...

from a guys point of view, thank you for letting him down so nicely. your e-mail to ted was the perfect blend of sweetness and truth.

May 03, 2006 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polly, wait a bit before you guys hang out. Being with a girl whom you're attracted to but who is dating someone else is PURE TORTURE for a guy. He might think he's cool with it, but in fact, he might not be.

May 03, 2006 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Props to you for not doing the fade. He sounds like a good guy. Now if only I were in NY, I'd say 'Girl, set me up!'

May 04, 2006 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home