Monday, April 17, 2006

From Dry Spell to ??

I don't have time right now to date. I want to make this clear. I'm starting rehearsals for three(!) shows today, in addition to working two jobs and a pretty full class load. I'd like to see my friends occasionally as well, so I've basically resolved not to date till my shows are over in July.

And so the universe has seen fit to throw two totally eligible guys my way. Where were they 3 months ago when I had time for such things?!?

Tall Ted seems totally smitten with me. He spent the weekend (he was out of town) sending adorable text messages, checking up on me. So sweet. Our date last week was a lot of fun, and date 2 is scheduled for tomorrow. Only minor concerns at this point: he wants to live in the suburbs and is not really creative. But we'll see.

And then there was my date this Saturday. Dolly has dubbed him "Web Walter." After a conversation with Jersey Shore Boy about eharmony, and simultaneously getting a discount coupon on my email, I sucked it up and joined. Not a lot of Potentials there, but Web Walter's profile intrigued me. He's a web designer/photographer/aspiring filmmaker (creative enough?), and he answered my initial screening questions correctly (They are: "How many books did you read last year", with the correct answer "more than 12" and "Where do you see yourself living in 15 years" answering "an apartment in the city").

So we met up. I found time to squeeze him in before a playwright's birthday party (and networking event for me). I apologized for the less than ideal time frame, but it was a first date anyways, so how long would it last? Eight hours, it turns out.

We met for dinner/drinks at a cute cafe in the Village. The conversation was easy, free flowing. And eating outside was a lovely treat after the long winter. After dinner, we agreed to take a walk, in the general direction of the bar where I had to meet Dolly. We ended up walking all 40 blocks there. Web Walter is pretty cute. Funny. And easy to talk to. Creative. Passionate. A lot of qualities I'm looking for. He's exactly my height, though, so I'm taller than him in heels. But if that's the only negative, I'm sure I could do a lot worse.

Looking in the Irish Pub, it looked empty, so I invited Web Walter to wait with me--but as we walked in, Dolly was sitting at the bar, and waved hello. I made introductions and the conversation was abruptly hijacked. The two of them chatted about obscure bands for the next half hour as if I wasn't there! But, hey, I'm glad they got along--Dolly tends to find most of my boys too "normal." As I nudged "We should go," Dolly blurted out "Are you coming to the party with us?" It seemed rude to not let him come at this point, so there we were. Not what I expected, but okay. His friends were meeting up with him around the corner, so I ended up arriving at the party with a full-on entourage of 4. Luckily no one seemed to mind.

MacB was at the party (long-time readers, remember him?). It was clear almost immediately that there was something between him and Dolly. As I mixed and mingled (Web Walter was very good about letting me do my own thing, he didn't seem to need babysitting at all). Though Web Walter and I stayed late (and did some seriously nice making out!), we were both ready to go while MacB and Dolly were still engrossed in each other's company. So we left them there, and said our goodbyes.

So now of course, I have a date tomorrow with a great guy that I get along with, but seem to really have a connection with Web Walter. What to do? If things go well with Web Walter, I'll have to say something to the Tall Ted.... Which is worse? "I met someone else," or "I don't feel a connection?"

Oh, and this morning when I got to work, I had an email from MacB. It read:

Polly--

As usual, it was great seeing you on Saturday night. Sorry we didn'tget to talk more, but I didn't want to cramp your date's style. Walter was his name, right? How did that all end up going, anyway?

I especially enjoyed meeting your friend, Dolly. She was...well, um...WOW! That's all I can say for the time being. She WOWed me. Otherwise, I'm rendered temporarily speechless. I definitely liked meeting her, though.

Hope you had a great Easter yesterday, and are enjoying a terrific day today. More later for you, my dear. ;)

~ MacB

Interesting....

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Wowwee -- and 8 hour date?! I'd say it went very well!

Also -- Catch me up on how you know this MacB fellow?? Is it good that he and Dolly hit it off?

April 17, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Jamy said...

MacB--blast from the past! I'll be curious to see how things go with him and Dolly. I'd be wary if I were her.

I don't see any reason to tell your guys about each other--YET. It's all (fairly) casual so far, so have fun with both of them. You'll know when it's time to tell.

April 17, 2006 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jamy, wait till one starts getting a little more serious. Good for you tho girl, happy for ya.

April 18, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

I love it when Jamy posts comments--they're always so dead on....

April 18, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger AWE said...

I have never figured out how life works the way it does. When you are in a position to meet someone it just won't happen, but if you are in a situation like yours or even dating someone, you will always meet someone new. Of course that could be the whole "The grass is greener on the other side" deal.

April 18, 2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

I think it's your energy. Post on this to come!

April 19, 2006 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home