Friday, April 07, 2006

More Brits.... and hangovers

Damn It Anyway and I went to see Leona Naess last night at the Bowery Ballroom. She was great, but didn't play anything I knew. But still it was fun. Why are all the great female singer/songwriters these days British? Just wondering...

If you're ever at the Bowery Ballroom, seriously, order the wine. They fill up these huge plastic cups, so really you're getting 2 glasses for the price of one! Yippee! I was smashed, and am still drunk/hungover. Not fun.

I was wearing my new skirt that makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe, so I wasn't surprised when, during the break between sets, a cute British boy started talking to me. Damn It Anyway wisely hung back (thanks!). The talk turned to what I'm looking for in a boyfriend--and he got my email. Damn It Anyway is sure he'll be in touch. I'm not, but hoping he will. A little short, though, but I'm still such a sucker for the accent. You'd think the British Scientist would have cured me, but no.

In other news, this summer theatre festival is presenting a great idea for a show--an ebay auction for the plot! Check it out!--I'd bid, if I had the $$....

5 Comments:

Blogger AWE said...

That is what I need, a story about my life. Here is AWE in school, then work, then blogging. It wouldn't last 10 minutes.

April 07, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

AH! I wish I had money to bid!


And I hate to say it but, accents get me every time.

April 07, 2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

You are sure to hear from him, accent and all. I wonder how many days it will take?

April 07, 2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I know what you mean about British Boys. They're tasty. :)

That eBay-play-plot-bid thing kicks ass. If I had $$$, I would soooo bid on it. I saw an AmEx / Tribeca Film Festival ad that read, "My Life is My Favorite Movie." I love it!

April 07, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Brit boys are perfect for one night stands.

April 08, 2006 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home