Thursday, March 30, 2006

Total Overwhelm

Ug, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed this week.

I'm on a committee for one of the many summer theatre festivals in NYC, which means I have to read, like, a million scripts, and rate them all. Of course I'm behind schedule and have to read all of them in the next few days. There's nothing like staying up late and reading bad theatre to make you want to kill yourself--but the occasional gem I stumble upon makes it all worth while. Until all these scripts are evaluated, though, I'm at a total standstill. I can't do anything at all--my time is consumed by reading, reading, and more reading. And of course this is the week everyone wants me to do something--a friend had a reading of his new script yesterday (it was actually really really good!), had a theatre industry meeting on Tuesday, tonight Dolly and I are going to a new dating party (details tomorrow!), my Avon order is due, oh, and I have to find a new roommate.

Just keep breathing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who similarly spends lots and lots of time reading scripts (though film rather than theater), I feel your pain all too well.

I always wonder whether these people show their scripts to friends before sending them out, and whether those friends really think they're doing some sort of favor by not pointing out that the thing is a piece of crap.

March 30, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

New roommate?

March 30, 2006 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord. Busy enough? Wanna work in a little nuclear fission on the side?

March 30, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Yep, awe, Cyn and Princeton Lawyer moved in together...

March 30, 2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Dating party...sounds like a swingers party.

March 30, 2006 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - I agree with Damn it Anyway..."Dating Party"...like Mazolla Party...Key Party...Betty's curiosity is piqued!

March 31, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Good luck getting it all done.

March 31, 2006 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home