Wednesday, March 22, 2006

How did this happen?

So, it seems everyone is baffled that I'm an AVON lady. How does a cute, single, Manhattan girl become an AVON lady, you ask?

Well, as y'all know, I'm an actress. Which means perpetual empty pockets. A couple of years ago I saw all those mark. ads on TV, and checked out their website. And I just fell in love with the products. Adorable! So I started clicking around, and ordered a whole bunch of stuff. It came to about $100 in my little shopping cart. Well, everywhere on the site are little ads saying "become a mark. rep! Get 40% off!" so I figured, worst case scenario, I get 40% off my order, and why not?

When I showed the catalogs to my friends, they thought the stuff was adorable too. It was so easy to sell, I made a bunch of easy $$ right up front, doing absolutely nothing. I was hooked. The rest is history, it's 2 years later, and I'm still selling. It's interesting doing it in Manhattan--I get a LOT of resistance from people who are "too cool" for the AVON stuff (and I know where that's coming from). But the skin care products are amazing, so a lot of people get hooked that way. I do okay, not as well as I'd like, but not bad either. For someone that has an erratic schedule, and is always short on cash, it's not a bad thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Actorserf said...

Hell...maybe I should become an AVON lady. Man. Whatever. Oddly enough, I did know a dude who was an AVON lady back in high school. Boy, did HE get made fun of. I think I just answered my own thought...and it figures cause I just saw a kickin shirt at Kenneth Cole, so I could totally use the cash.

March 22, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

actorserf, if you do, let me know, I'll get credit for signing you up! ;)

March 22, 2006 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home