Wednesday, March 22, 2006

President's Club

So the third thing that occupies my time is my Avon business. As with any selling organization, there are all sorts of little awards and such, and the first level of selling excellence is called "President's Club." When you win, you get a cheezy statue, called a Mrs. Albee. Isn't she pretty? You also get to go to a silly dinner in June. I could care less about that, but I want the statue. Oh, and most importantly, you get a guaranteed discount on all your orders, which is really key.

Of course, I haven't been focusing on Avon this year, what with school and all, so I'm a thousand dollars short of making it. My impassioned plea: Does anyone out there need bug spray, makeup, skin care, shaving cream (the men's shaving cream is supposed to be the best EVER, I hear), DVDs, easter tchotchkes, or Mother's Day presents? avon.com is offering free shipping, and if you use this link before April 1, I'll get credit.

Whadya say? What can I do for y'all in return? Any ideas? I'll be happy to do what I can.....

14 Comments:

Blogger Horse said...

You want that?

March 22, 2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Humor me, Horse... ;)

March 22, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

You want THIS!

March 22, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

Here's an acting exercise:

You have 3 hours as of this posting. Someone keeps bothering you about cosmetics.

But I have something great I must tell you! I found a $5 bill!


Are you humored yet?

March 22, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

I can't believe you sell Avon.

I have an Avon horror story. The bottom line, I got stuck in the back row of a plane, without air, middle seat, beside a very over-weight Avon lady. There had been a convention in Vegas and she was coming back from it. She wore way to much perfume.

I do like the mosquito repellent.

March 22, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Oh, god, awe, I'm sooooo sorry. I know exactly who you mean. I still remember my first convention, I was a new rep and wore a suit. Business event, right? I can't even tell you how many people thought I was in the Corporate office, since most of the other reps were wearing sweatpants. No joke. At a professional event. Insane.

March 22, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

Check your email!

March 22, 2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

How do you get into a business like Avon anyway? Do they recruit? What if I want to be an Avon lady?
;)

March 22, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Yep, we recruit. If you want to be an AVON lady, I'll sign you up! ;)It's the company for women (and a few good men). Funny thing, a lot of the men actually do better than the women, because women are more apt to take makeup advice from men (i.e. "you look hot!")

March 22, 2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

I used to work at anthropologie in Atlanta, so I got some experience with selling stuff to the ladies, and you're definitely correct ;)

I would be interested to know what your selling experiences are in another post.

Is Avon a home-based business? How do they know when we order stuff off the internet that you referred us?

I'm really curious about that.

March 22, 2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Hey horse,

Don't you see my phone # in the link? I've already gotten a bunch of emails about it--all the concerned readers out there. No, unfortunately, you won't be able to speak to me that way, though. Bummer!

If you're a PUA, you'd probably kick total butt as a direct-seller. And don't worry, I'll be sharing more AVON stories....

March 22, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

Are we supposed to know your real name, too?

March 22, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Nope, NEVER. The phone # will connect it to me...

March 22, 2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but the fake phone number *does* connect it to you. plug it in on the "find a representative" tab.

March 31, 2006 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home