Monday, March 20, 2006

Blackout Boy

So, last week, when out with Snob, Elle, and Dolly, I had a great time. Came home, woke up the next day, thought to myself "I had a great time! No boys, but every night can't be a night for boys."

Well, apparently it was a night for boys. Or one boy.

On my vacation my cell phone rang. In Jamaica, Verizon phones work, but caller ID doesn't. So you can't screen your calls. I pick up.
"Hi.... Pauly?"
"Um, Polly, yeah?"
"This is Blackout Boy. We met at <> last week?"
"Uh.... what night was that? Thursday?"
"Yeah, you don't remember?"
"Uh.... sure!"
"Don't worry, that night was kinda a blur for me too."

I have absolutely no recollection of meeting this guy. We talked briefly, I asked him to call me when I got back from my trip. So, of course, I pick up the phone and call Dolly.

"Did I meet someone on Thursday when we were out with Snob and Elle?"
"Um.... where?"
"At <>? I don't remember. He just called."
"Yeah, when we were all leaving. You were talking to some guy, and we wanted to leave so I told him, 'just ask for her # already,' and he did."
"Was he cute?"
"I don't really remember, but he must have been, or you wouldn't have given him your #..."
"True, true...."


Of course this gentleman did call again, last night. I wonder how I'm going to meet up with someone that I can't remember?

17 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

It's do-able. I agree, just laugh it off. I remembered meeting my guy the next day, but I didn't remember his name at all or anything we had talked about. It all worked out in the end. :) I'm glad you didn't quit blogging all together. I read the other and think you're fun. My name's Emily, by the way. Hello.

March 20, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Hi Emily, Thanks for sticking with me!

Did you end up with that guy? Wow!

March 20, 2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger The Team said...

Dear Lord!

I wish I could help you out with remembering that guy... What do you have to lost in meeting him?

March 20, 2006 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've moved to a new blank slate! Have already added you to my blog roll and thanks for carrying me over too!! See you Thursday! How am I supposed to know who is who?

March 20, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Don't worry, Dolly is providing nametags!!!!

March 20, 2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

Been there done that. I have had girls call me and my phone would list their name but I had no recollection of who they were or how they got on my phone.

In the end it will probably be fun, just have a good time.

March 20, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

How many do you have coming Thurs?

March 20, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger James said...

Invent a life-story for him, and then, when he claims not to be that person, say "don't be silly! That's what you told me. You weren't telling lies because you were drunk, were you?"

March 20, 2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

So far 23 confirmed, 7 maybes, and ~50 more on the evite!

March 20, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Was he that guy sitting at the table with us toward the end of the night?

If my cloudy recollection is anywhere near correct I think he was dark haired and on the shorter side...but again, I could be completely wrong...clearly, one too many vodka diets...

:-)

March 20, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Holy crap...this is good. You'll talk to him on the phone..click and what if you've really got the hots for him when you finally meet.
This could be a movie.

March 20, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Hey Elle,

No, apparently I was talking to him, by the door, as we all were leaving. Any ideas?

March 21, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hmm...I am drawing a blank...I think Dolly and I were out the door by then. I say go for it tho...what's the worst that could happen?

March 21, 2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger James said...

Hmm, am I too late to make the following joke:

"Looks like 'tabula rasa' in more ways than one"?

March 21, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger ACG said...

ha! reminds me of my 30th birthday... besides a hang over, i woke up with a number on a napkin in my jeans pocket...
seems i was playing pool with some boys, one who was turning 22 the same night i was turning 30. now if i could have only remembered him myself and not just the reports from my friends.

March 22, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Silvs said...

It will be fun to read how his turns out!! Good luck!!

Love your blog!! (yes,I said love don't be a guy and run away lol )

March 23, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Haha Silvs. Thanks!

March 23, 2006 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home