Saturday, April 08, 2006

Beyond the Bars....

Single life is a cycle. You're up, you're down, sometimes working a full on Rotation, sometimes wallowing in your loneliness. Since Dolly's a bit tired of dating, as am I (I love that we're totally on the same page), we've taken a break from the bar scene. But we're also not the stay-at-home-and-watch-Meg Ryan-movies type, so we've been filling the weeks with new activities. Fun, different things, like the Eye-Gazing party, bonding with some fabulous bloggers, planning to hit a bookclub on Tuesday. And, lest you think we're joined at the hip, we've been doing our own thing, too. But none of these events have been expressely about meeting men. Far from it.And yet I've had one of my most sucessful boy weeks in recent memory.

Huh?

In addition to the creepy musician's phone call (I still haven't called back--I'm swamped!) and the cute Brit at the concert, I had an adorable encounter last night.

Willow and I are both taller girls, and do have trouble meeting tall men. They're out there, but when doing speed dating, or a lock and key party, or basically any singles event, it seems that most of the guys are short. And at the bars too. So, she thought it would be best to go to the source. Yes, Willow and I decided to check out the Tall Club of NYC.

With Dolly in tow for moral support, we hit their monthly happy hour event last night. Though it took us a bit to warm up, we were soon chatting with all the other tall folks, and yes, there were tall boys there. One seemed quite smitten with me. We chatted a bit, about jobs, NYC, the troubles of being tall, and my upcoming role as a famous sex symbol. He wanted to grab a bite afterwards, but Dolly & Willow were committed to hitting up their favorite bar afterwards (and we got the coolest, most amazing, fun tall club member to come with us! She's a doll.) so I had to decline. Instead, though, he handed me his business card as we were leaving (I gave him my number too). Written on the back was his cell phone and this note: "BTW: You're 10x cuter than (famous sex symbol's initials)."

Can everyone collectively "awhhhhh" with me? Adorable.

6 Comments:

Blogger pookalu said...

awwww. really!

i need a moment like that soon before i do something stupid!

April 09, 2006 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I could have told you that you're WAY better than Anna Nicole. Duh, girl! I'm also intrigued by this tall event you went to. Wonder if they have em for short people? Somehow I doubt it...

April 09, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Are these tall event things only in NYC? I'm quite intrigued.

April 10, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

notCarrie--

They do have tall events everywhere. Even DC!

http://clubs.tall.org/washingtondc/membership.html

April 10, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

I told you a while back to quit trying so hard and things will happen, they always do. Glad to see you went out and had a good time. One of these days I am dragging a bunch of NYC bloggers to a bar this includes you.

April 10, 2006 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn I'm not tall enough. I thought 5'7 was minimum tall height for women? haha oh well.

April 11, 2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home