Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dating Dilemma

So, dear readers, it appears I have a dating dilemma. After my lovely date with Web Walter on Saturday, I was leaning toward canceling my second date with Tall Ted (I've adopted Dolly's nomenclature for these purposes...). But it seemed too late, so I kept the date.

And had a lovely date with Tall Ted.

Tall Ted was the perfect gentleman--polite, good manners, paid for everything (though I insisted on springing for dessert). We had a lovely walk through the city to my subway stop, and he insisted on waiting with me till my train came (due to some bizarre delay at the MTA, it ended up being a half-hour wait). He's certainly a wonderful catch--cute, (did I mention tall?), smart, independent. My only real qualms are about the suburb thing and his smoking habit (I find cigarette smoking a tad distasteful in a boyfriend). And he made lots of boyfriend noises, saying "we'll have to go here, we'll have to do this" and trying to schedule a 3rd date. Tall Ted, where were you 3 months ago, when I needed you so badly?

Though it's a tad early with Web Walter as well (our second date is scheduled for Saturday), he's been making similar boyfriend noises. So it appears that Pretty Polly may be forced to choose!

I love how funny life is. When you want/need a boyfriend so badly, no eligible candidates appear. But since I've decided that I shouldn't date for the next three months (I'll be appearing in 3 shows, so I honestly don't have time), not one but two eligible bachelors present themselves. Isn't that always the way?

In other news, Dolly apparently had a lovely date with MacB last night. But it appears that he has found both of our blogs (and my old one!) so I doubt she'll be posting much about it.

They always find the blogs. I'm just waiting for Web Walter or Tall Ted to drop the same bomb on me....

1 Comments:

Blogger Dolly said...

Aren't you the sneaky one slipping that in at the end!

Oh, I'll be posting. I've just been rendered temporarily speechless. ;)

April 19, 2006 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home