Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Insta-Boyfriend

Okay, so where were we? Oh, yeah, Friday.

Friday was the long awaited blogger party, and was a blast, as usual. In attendance: Polly (that's me!), Dolly, Meg, Mr. Woland and his friend "Ricardo," Homosexual Suspect with roommate Oreo, ActorSerf, Pookalu, Damn It Anyway, Stolie, Sid and friend "Bob," Alpha, and Deep. So much fun, as usual. But since it was a Friday, people took off early for other destinations. As the night wore on, Dolly and I decided to message our boys, MacB and Web Walter, and soon enough they showed up.

What? Invite Web Walter to the blogger gathering you ask? Well, after reading this post, I decided to tell him Thursday night. He's a blogger himself, and it was pretty much a sure thing he'd find it. So, I fessed up. He promised not to go looking for it, though I'm sure if he wants to find it, he will. I have nothing to hide! Ha!

So WW and MacB show up--and Dolly and I are both such smitten kittens. Everyone heads out, and WW wants me to meet up with a few of his friends, so we shift venue, leaving MacB and Dolly alone. At the new bar, I get the thumbs up from WW's friends, and Elle and Downtown Chic show up. Yippee!!! (I love them). We play duck hunter and have a blast.

Cut to the chase--it's late, we're drunk, I go home with WW. We start to fool around, but I remind him of my rule--"I can't sleep with people I'm not exclusive with. Sorry..."

He says "I thought we already agreed on that last night."

Woah. I think I have an Insta-Boyfriend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

YAY!! You smitten kitten you!

April 27, 2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Downtown said...

Buck Hunter darling, we were playing Buck Hunter... I was thrilled that you were still holding strong for a couple more drinks in the post-midnight hour. And even more so that I got to meet this Walter character...

What it is about springtime and people coming together?

April 27, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger t said...

Insta? Shoooooot....a week and acoupla dates is plenty of foundation to go steady. Does it mean that these quick moving relationships can't ever turn sour in a few short weeks? No, but this looks promising and for now, YOU'VE GOT A BOYFRIEND...if you want one....

I only dated my girlfriend (now, live-in girlfriend) for about week before we decided to be a couple. It can work.

April 27, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger ercwttmn said...

this guys sounds pretty smooth

April 27, 2006 5:32 PM  
Blogger pookalu said...

i have nothing good to say, except i LOVE downtown's correction of the name of the game you were playing...hee hee! how drunk were you?

April 27, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Brad,
Good to know. I'm glad to hear it. :)

Pookalu,
yeah, pretty drunk. Heh. No fair, I never get to see you trashed!!! ;)

April 27, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Ken Wheaton said...

I think you should totally name the first child after me. (Sorry, am I moving to fast?)

April 28, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

Thank you so much for organizing that meet-up, ma'amselle. It was lovely meeting all of you! Bob had a great time, too. :)

April 30, 2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be coming back to the city in a couple of months or so, when I do, I'll give you a heads up. I'd love to meet the rest of the NY blogger crew!

May 02, 2006 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home