Thursday, April 27, 2006

Day 1... and the L word?

After our lovely night Friday, Saturday the Insta-BF and I spent the day together. He took me to a lovely brunch, and as our drinks came we toasted.

"To Day 1," he said.

"To Day 1." (Okay, can you see why I'm totally smitten with this guy?)

After our lovely brunch, we did all sorts of cute datey things. Caught a movie in Union Square. Browsed The Strand. Basically we couldn't get enough of each other.

At some point, however, Thursday or Friday night, the L-word got put out there. WHAT? Yes, indeed, I'm not sure how, but out it came. I think I said it first, but as soon as I did, Insta-BF jumped on the bandwagon and started saying it too. So Saturday was filled with them. Scary, but when I'm with him, it just feels right, y'kno?

Of course, the second we parted ways, I began to second-guess myself. I've never had a relationship go this quickly, I've always dated the person for at least a month before exclusivity even came up, and the L word? Forget about it. And though when I'm with him, everything seems perfectly perfect, on my own I begin to doubt if any of this is even real.

Somehow, though, Insta-BF knows exactly what I'm thinking. Sunday night we were talking on IM (our standard mode of communication) and I mentioned that if we were still dating in a few months, he'd have to come to see my show.

IBF: Why would you do that? Do you honestly think we won't make it a few months?

No, I replied, but told him what was going on, that when I'm not in his presence I don't even think this is happening. He said he understood.... and that we needed to take the L word off the table. That it needs to be something genuine, something we know to be true, even when we're apart. I agreed.

The next day, just in case there was any confusion, he sent the following email:

Hey you,

I just wanted to actually write you an email -- something a bit more composed and thought out than our various IMs, texts or phone conversations. I suppose it allows me to really sit down, gather my thoughts and compose to you exactly what's on my mind.

You've heard it plenty of times and you will again. I am crazy about you. I find myself flipping over to my LiveJournal to look at the photo of you I posted -- showing you off to all of my friends -- and smiling. I am now thinking of fun events and things I'd like to do, but now in terms of what WE could do together. For instance, in this week's issue of Flavorpill, they mentioned the Cherry Blossom Festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden this weekend. They had a trivia contest where you can win a PAIR of tickets. This time around, I had no doubt in my mind who I'd share the second ticket with.

Anyway, that's basically it. Nothing special, nothing too deep. Just wanted to let you know in my own way what you mean to me.

Yours as always,

The Insta-BF

*sigh* I think I easily could be in love with this guy.

Which means I had to do something about Tall Ted....

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing :) Don't question it... every relationship moves at it's own pace. Sounds like you're smitten... Congrats!

April 27, 2006 9:58 PM  
Blogger Dustin said...

cute

and smitten is an understatement.
good luck my friend :)

April 27, 2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger pookalu said...

fckit. just enjoy.

crash and burn, for chrissakes!

which picture did he post of you? well, maybe i don't want to know.

(and i promise, i'll have a little bit of sangria....three sips and i'm already tipsy, is that fair enough?)

April 28, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Downtown said...

Oh my... Oh my... Oh my.. What a charmer! If you keep posting things like that, you are going to get a lot of other boyfriends in trouble. Cause Instant Boyfriend is setting a seriously high bar for anyone to follow.

Enjoy! Don't stress... He's seemingly a catch.

April 28, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger AWE said...

Quit fighting and enjoy it. You have been needing this, just let it happen. Nothing is ever to fast when it is right.

April 28, 2006 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!

This is awesome, and sounds somewhat familiar to me, *wink*

Speaking of flying into a relationship headfirst, My anniversary with Puck is next Thursday!

talk to you soon! we should commiserate. :)
-Laura

April 28, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Laura,

You think I don't think of you every day? I do. And it keeps me sane. "It worked for Laura, sooooo....."

This is just very different from my modus operandi...

April 28, 2006 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Polly! So exciting! He's so sweet! I say roll with it and enjoy the ride!

April 28, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Insta-BF makes me think I could get one sent to me, put him in water and have my very own Insta-BF in 3-5 minutes. I love it!


Oh he sounds SO sweet. I agree with the others, Just go with the flow!

April 28, 2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny. My friends and I keep meeting these great guys too. Maybe the spring weather brings out the worthwhile men!

May 02, 2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home