Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Better....

Thanks for all the comments and support after my last post. I was feeling pretty bummed out. But the last few days have actually been pretty good with IBF. Not as good as in the beginning, but we seem to be on the mend. We've been forced to communicate better, and he let me know that a lot of this seems to be him freaking out. He says he'd been single for so long, and all of a sudden it was "Us us us!" and he just had trouble dealing. But now he's the one who's talking me out of breaking up--I've certainly been questioning quite a bit in the last few days.

Last night I stayed over, and we had a great night. Laughed, talked, were generally silly with each other, and when my mom called with a crisis, he actually was wonderful, listening, helping me deal with it, and finding a solution. He seems to be returning to his former self (I hope?). I'm hoping for the best, but not expecting much--just going with the flow right now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that. He still owes you a fat apology for acting like a tool. Makes me uneasy that he's hot and cold. You never feel secure in the relationship then.

Bottom line is-- You gotta communicate to the point that you're satisfied-- and you don't feel like you're walking on eggshells at all.

June 28, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger pookalu said...

woo hoo! i'm very glad to hear that!

sorry i missed you the other day!

June 28, 2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger FINY said...

Speaking from very recent personal experience; sometimes a rough patch can be the best thing for a relationship.

June 28, 2006 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad to know things are on the mend...

June 28, 2006 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polly, this is truly great stuff. You say you're a blond, but from what I'm reading, you're definitely not the stereotype.

I can't give you any advice like other posters have, but what you're writing is helping me out tremendously (I'm a guy trying to get some REAL pointers).

Thanks for the posts.

June 29, 2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Relationships are difficult, but you seem to have the right attitude about all of it (i.e. go with the flow and see where it takes you). Good luck with everything!!

June 29, 2006 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home