Sunday, August 13, 2006

Interesting Development

So, there's this guy that runs in the same circle I do. He's always been a total flirt with me, but he's that way with all the girls. However, I'm a master at dishing it back as good as I get--we've been sharing clever banter for the last year, whenever we run into each other (at most, once a month). So this weekend he's out, I'm out, and the witty repartee picks up right where it left off. Of course, our exchanges are fraught with sexual tension--that's the whole fun of the game, and I get to say things I wouldn't dare normally. It's like I have this magic power with him (and only with him, somehow) to always have the perfect snarky response to everything he says. I feel empowered around him. He's super smart, and talented, and challenging--but I'm able to match him, word for word. And did I mention his gorgeous brown puppy dog eyes?

At one point in the evening, I get up to use the ladies room. He asks me where I'm going, I say, "to the ladies room. Care to join me downstairs?" (totally joking, of course)
He replies, "I'll be there in 4 minutes."
"I'll be counting," I say.

On my way upstairs, he starts down the stairs, corners me, and we start to kiss. Woah. Can someone say fireworks? Of course, since it's a pretty tight knit group, this is something that does not need to come out in the open (he used to date another girl in the circle, so why discuss a meaningless kiss?) so we keep things on the DL.

Later in the night, we pull the same routine. Of course, everyone else eventually leaves, and we're left alone. My god, the conversation we had... the hottest thing I've heard in ages. But I'm not really anxious to get another notch on my belt, and crawling into bed with someone all my pals know is probably not the smartest idea, so I refrain (and he doesn't push the issue either, knowing it's a bit inappropriate).

We share a cab, make out a bit, and he says he wants to see me again. Even goes off on his good qualities, listing reasons why he'd be good to date.

When I get home, I glance at my phone and a text message awaits. "you are awesome xoxoxo"

6 Comments:

Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Wow looka at you.

Secret man crush....thingy.

So what's wrong with your friends knowing about this guy?

August 14, 2006 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh!! This one sounds like a player to me! Not to rain on the parade, but he sounds like the kind of guy that's in it for the exhilaration and ego boost he gets from flirting in itself. I would be wary that once the witty banter between you wears off, and you get to really know each other, he'll get bored and move on to the next flirtatous challenge. I know- I've done this before. Steer clear of this one- danger danger!!

August 14, 2006 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum.. dangerous..
Sounds exciting and like a lot of fun but I think it's going to be more drama than what you need right now. That much attraction and chemistry can lead to a quick burn out.. Enjoy yourself, make out with boys, have innapropiate conversations.. but at the same time be careful with your feelings..

August 14, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger pookalu said...

man the flirting is the best part!

August 14, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Wow, that stairwell thing sounds HOTT!

That's the type of thing I would say ("Meet me in 5 minutes") and want desparately to happen, but wouldn't. Go you!

August 14, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Downtown said...

If this guy (and you) can keep a secret, it is always good fun to have a hook up that the rest of the crew doesn't know about.

Getting caught is half the fun.

Reminds me of high school and having to stealthfully make out with your boyfriend, without your parents catching...

August 14, 2006 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home