Friday, August 11, 2006

The date

So Tall Ted and I have decided to just be friends.

Friends that share sweet kisses on sidewalk corners on Tuesday nights, apparently.

We met up early, for drinks, (it was so crowded! When did Tuesday become the new Thursday?) and I babbled away for 2 hours to prevent any discussion of us dating, single life, etc. (I was nervous). When I finally wound down, TT brought up the inevitable subject. I told him that yes, indeed, things had not worked out with the other fellow, and I'm sad about that, but single. It seemed that he wanted me to admit that I made the wrong choice, which I did admit to him. Then he suggested we try again. I did tell him, honestly, that I'm not in the best place to start something up right now, that I don't want to rush into anything because I'm feeling lonely right now, as opposed to feeling empowered and confident (which is where I think one should start a new relationship). So he offered his friendship, and said if I changed my mind to let him know.

So we decide to get food, and I'm a bit tipsy, and we're walking and the next thing I know, we're kissing. Nice, sweet, adorable, gentlemanly kisses. I always really liked kissing him--I'd forgotten how much. We grabbed some food (he still insisted on paying despite my repeated attempts), and left things with a few more kisses, but still up in the air. He says he'll come see my show this weekend, so I'll be sure to see him.

Whatever happens, though, I can certainly say he's a real gentleman.

3 Comments:

Blogger AWE said...

Glad you are out having fun.

I hope your show is doing well. Are you still Anna?

August 11, 2006 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, for Polly. You're making the right decision to take it slow and begin with friendship (make out session notwithstanding). You never know where it may lead. That fact that you were nervous says a lot though!!

August 11, 2006 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds very good- and also tall, a bonus for you! I think you are smart to take it slowly too- hopefully he won't play any head games.
Good luck, I certainly like him best;)

August 11, 2006 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home