Monday, August 14, 2006

Grrr.

When I woke up yesterday, I was feeling good about this whole situation with... um... let's call him Master Flirt. I could use something totally fun right now. And pressure free. And the multiple text messages we exchanged yesterday evening didn't hurt.

Let me take a minute to explain why I really don't want anyone in our circle to know--unless it goes somewhere, which it probably won't. He had dated another girl in the group for a few years, and by all accounts it ended badly, after being pretty serious. She hates me anyway, I think, because she had a thing for Hot Actor and he was flirting with me at some party in December. So, I'm not really anxious to deal with her wrath. Also, everyone would have an opinion of the whole situation, thinking it's great, or it's awful, or whatever, and why bother if it's just a fun flirtation? And, as downtown suggested, it's fun to have a secret fling as well....

Back to yesterday's text messages:
MF: I hope i wasnt a beast
Polly: A beast? No, but everyone interrogated me about you today....
MF: Is that bad
P: I vehemently denied everything.
MF: Ha xoxo
P: xoxo :)
MF: So do we hang out?
I couldn't respond right away. After an hour or so I get:
MF: No?
P: I'd love to. What were you thinking?
He doesn't reply. This afternoon I send another message:
P: No? ;)

Still no reply, after a lot of messages flying back and forth. The silence is disappointing--and surprising. I honestly didn't think I cared enough to be disappointed (and yes, I know, a 24 hour lack of communication means nothing). Huh. What a strange development. Perhaps I don't want a fling? Not really anxious to get hurt again, and if I'm disappointed at something so minor, I'm obviously more invested than I think...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he read your delay in rsponse as a hesitation??? Even so, when a guy wants someone, he goes after it. The ball is in his court. He'll likely get back to you...if he hasn't already.

August 15, 2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Dolly said...

Texts are good for harmless flirtation, but if you're getting this upset already maybe it is a bit too soon for you to be out there, even for a fling?

August 15, 2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Pretty Polly said...

Update: he sent another text last night requesting my email. But no email yet, though I'm sure it'll be forthcoming. I'm really rethinking this idea, though....

Text messages are for pussies. Which means we both are, I suppose...

August 15, 2006 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one rooting for TallTed?!?!? He's sweet and you like kissing him! go for the nice guy - you deserve it!

August 17, 2006 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home