Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bloomingdales.com sucks

Please forgive me as I rant but I'm pretty pissed off right now....

Bloomingdales.com has been running these great end of summer sales -- 40% off all sale items. So of course, being the wannabe fashionista I am, I have to check it out, find this great dress in my size that is absolutely gorgeous and totally trendy for fall. Order the dress, no problem, right?

No. Bloomingdale's decides that since I'm shipping the dress to my work address, not my home address (*gasp!* How shocking!) that I must be a credit card thief. They call my bank, and my bank doesn't have a phone number on file for me. So instead of calling me, they send me an email, saying I have to verify this information. Fine, no problem. I call Bloomingdales, am on hold for over an hour, while they call the bank, verify this, verify that. At the end of the hour they inform me that Oops! They cancelled my order, and oh, yeah, because the dress was on sale, they ran out. Sorry!

What I don't get is why they cancelled my order, if they were going to have me on hold for an hour, when there is NO MORE STOCK LEFT! And why did they cancel my order? Why didn't they just hold it for shipment, till they verified everything? I wasted an hour of my life, over a stupid problem, for NOTHING.

I hate them. Shop Bloomingdales.com at your own risk.

Okay, rant over. Haven't been dating much, but updates to resume soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Girl said...

The same thing happened to me! It's been several months and I still haven't had the courage to go back and order from them on-line...

July 30, 2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger Horse said...

it sucks that you missed out on a cool dress. I imagine such a dress would have looked great for a Sunday morning stroll in Central Park.

There has to be a separate fields for shipping and billing addresses, right? I've had to stop myself several times from entering the wrong address when ordering online.

Have you been in any plays recently? You're not still playing Anna Nicole Smith are you? If so, I hope you're not method acting it :)

July 31, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

Bloomingdale's just sent their collection agency after me. Apparently when I paid my bill (in full) online I paid the Visa account instead of the actual Bloomingdale's account. Can't they work that out so there's only one place for the money to go?

September 23, 2007 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no hold policy.

a 20,000 Chanel? yeah, they'll hold it.

not one dress probably valued at a reasonable price. this is the business, you sell it now, not later. demand is demand.

you'll be back.

June 18, 2010 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aah, you're okay, I personally love your writing style, so you'll get a couple of messages from me.

The situation at Bloomingdale's is kind of the same thing that people go through in relationships... and in life.

It's the concept of chaos. The best way to change is to throw some chaos in the mix.

Sometimes, some of the negative effects of the butterfly effect falls right in our lap and we lay in a murk of crap that we never wanted.

But then, at the same time, it's all in how you look at it.

You may have worn the dress twice when you could've spent that money at a fancy resturaunt.

What if you had a great outfit already in your closet that you didn't know about that looks amazing and you pass it right up?

No matter what you do in life, the ultimate result is pain and heartache... if you think about it.

I have a great relationship and the person gets in a car accident... or we get in an argument...

Maybe he dies before you at a ripe, old age, of vice versa.

You have to be able to savor all of the beautiful moments what we're presented with.

That's what love is all about. For richer or for poorer, you love life... in sickness and in health, you love life...

How can anyone act out those vows for others if they can't act it out on just loving life first.

Sincerely,
Miami PUA of sashagrey.co
CEO of Elite Seduction Labs

February 27, 2011 11:29 PM  
Anonymous acting coach nyc said...

The same thing happened to me! It's been several months and I still haven't had the courage to go back and order from them on-line...

April 09, 2011 4:57 AM  
Anonymous Khyne said...

I hate it when businesses do this, often its because they never really had the stuff on sale in the first place.

April 25, 2011 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would caution anyone considering purchase of furniture through Bloomingdales to think twice. My experience was that this store is eager to take your money for a sale, but the service after the sale is problematic to say the least. I purchased several thousand $’s of furniture for my new condo. One chair had to be ordered. The rest of the pieces were floor model sales. When my pieces were delivered a few days after purchase, I noted that there was not enough room for the additional chair which was on order from a different store in their chain. I immediately called and asked to cancel and get a refund. Several weeks later and multiple calls later I still haven’t received my $ back. Additionally I have been told for the second time that my refund has been put into their system (after having been told the same thing a few weeks prior). They are unable to give me a refund in their store, and do not have any management on hand to meet a disgruntled customer. They have only low level employees at their customer “no-service” desk. I will never set foot again in a Bloomingdales, and caution anyone considering purchase of items of furniture from that store.

August 19, 2011 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home