Thursday, April 19, 2007

Relief

Honestly, the strange thing about the past few days is the bizzare sense of relief that I feel. Dolly says she hasn't seen me this happy or so 'myself' in months. It's like Smitten had this crazy spell over me--and I was so worried about losing him, I wanted to be perfect -- do the right thing all the time, be light and carefree, but instead was so concerned about losing him that it just felt awful, always. I'm sure part of him picked up on that too.

We're going to chat tonight. This whole breakup took place over email (he's not a 'phone person') and there were a lot of misunderstandings and miscommunications we need to set right. Normally, though I'd be hoping that this would be my chance to get him back or something, but honestly, in the last few days I've been so much happier without him.

It's so nice to not have this constant worried feeling hanging over my head.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you're feeling relieved - you deserve tobe happy

April 20, 2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger Red Stapler said...

::hugs::

The "relief" one feels when unloading a bad relationship is so weird, but there's no doubt that's what it is.

Good luck!

April 20, 2007 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing you talk about this reminds me of a Smitten of my own from a few years ago. We've resumed casual contact recently because we have a mutual friend we're both very close to. However, he said he'd show up for my birthday the other night, didn't, and I haven't heard from him. However, I'm happy to report that I don't care much. When you can manage to expect nothing from that kinda guy, it makes what you get nice and what you don't get doesn't matter.

April 24, 2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger MrMalachy said...

You need a hot guy to take your mind off him! Hello by the way, I'm Malachy!

April 26, 2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger Vociferous Beauty said...

I know how you feel.
I just started seeing someone and I feel horrible. I shake when I can't get in touch with him. He's very 'fly by your pants' and I'm very structured with plans. I'm happy when we're together but as soon as we're apart I have this feeling of dread.
Summer is fast approaching and I know there are many more fish in the sea, and that I could have my fill. I know this. I'm fabulous.
---or so I keep trying to coach myself.
It hasn't worked yet and I'm still waiting for him to call me.

May 05, 2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks good that you relieved. I hope until now you still feel the same way. Good Luck!

May 23, 2007 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home